A T-shirt quilt is a wonderful keepsake for high school and college students and anyone who has a collection of well loved t-shirts that contain memories they wish to keep. A snuggly t-shirt quilt gets the shirts out of the drawer and on display as a great conversation piece and a loving memory to keep you warm. The fee of $15.00 per shirt includes design, sewing together material (piecing), edge to edge quilting of entire quilt, and binding the quilt.
Additional charges MAY apply:
- The shirts need to be clean and wrinkle free.
- When dealing with jerseys or custom clothing.
- Additional fabric for quilt (borders, binding fabric, backing fabric)-you may supply this fabric.
- I will work with Minkee as backing. It does take extra time and care. It does restrict quilt designs.
A word about:
Batting: I use Quilter's Dream batting for the best results (100% cotton or 70% cotton/30% poly blend. Prices are subject to the size of the quilt. The most common sizes based on the 70/30 blend are below:
- crib/baby (36x60) - $6.00
- throw (54x72) - $7.00
- twin (69x90) - $11.00
- queen (90x95) - $15.00
- king (106x98) - $22.00
Backing: The backing needs to be 8 inches wider and 8 inches than the quilt top. There will be an additional charge for seaming the back and ironing or other work needed before quilting.
What You can expect to pay - Typical T-Shirt Quilt:
Twin size 80 x 60 24 shirts
shirts by cost 24 x 15 = $360.00
backing/binding $25.00 (You may supply this)
TOTAL with tax : $423.72